By Ashraf Al Shafaki
The best times for providing a recap are:
- At the end of a training session
- Right before giving a break
- At the end of a training segment before moving to another topic.
Provide a summary of the most important points that have just been covered.
- A recap can be done by the trainer himself or herself
- A recap can be done by eliciting summary points from participants themselves.
- Recaps help in absorption and retention of information making concepts sink in.
- Eliciting summary points from participants makes the recap even more interactive and thus more engaging for participants.