The following criteria are used to select candidates illegible for attending the Training of Trainers program:
- Level of motivation
- Clarity of goal
- Usefulness of training to participant. (Participant will make use of the TOT program after completing it.)
- Usefulness of participant to the training. (Participant has a skill that would benefit the progress of the TOT program and its projects.)
- Diversity. (Diversity in gender, age, education and background. Plus participants who have something unique and not repeated a lot in other candidates.)
- Circle of influence
The above criteria have been chosen in an attempt to achieve the following goals:
- Equip current and wold-be trainers with a variety of new, fresh, creative and lively techniques and methods to use during delivering their training.
- Allow the TOT program to have the widest impact by reverberating in society.
- Insure that candidates will be actually attending the sessions.
- Produce a plethora of diverse workshops and a competent line of trainers who have the capacity to run such workshops.
- Insure that the general atmosphere of the TOT sessions is lively, full of energy, useful and productive.