By Ashraf Al Shafaki
Managing trainee expectations from the training program can add to their overall satisfaction by the end of the training program.
- During the first session and after the breaking the ice, ask participants "What do you expect to learn from this training?"
- Have one of the participants write their contributions on a flip chart sheet on the fly.
- Write down your own list of covered material in the training on another flip chart sheet.
- Compare the two sheets, commenting on what will and what will not be covered during the training.
- You may get back to those sheets once again at the last part of the last session of the training.
- Participants feel better as their opinions were heard
- Participants get to know what they should expect from the training
- The trainer gets to know which points to emphasize, which to leave out and which to add during the training