By Ashraf Al Shafaki
Ground rules are basic rules of conduct during the training which trainees are expected to abide by.
- Trainer and trainees are on the same understanding
- Trainees do not get offended whenever a trainer takes action against a noncomplying trainee
- Distribute handouts during the first session laying down ground rules.
- Explicitly show ground rules you have set in the first slide of the slideshow presentation.
- Ask participants to collaboratively come up with ground rules, then take a vote on which ones to abide by.
- Write the ground rules on a flip chart sheet and hang it on the wall. Keep it there during the whole training.
- No smoking
- Cell phones off or silent