By Ashraf Al Shafaki
- Ask a participant to make a demo in front of the other participants
- After the demo is over, allow the other participants to offer feedback about the demo
- Clearly explain to participants giving feedback how to provide constructive feedback
To provide constructive feedback, participants should answer those two questions:
- What did you like about the demo? (positive aspects)
- "I felt ... when you ..."
- "I liked your ... because ..."
- What can be improved in the demo and how? (suggestions for improvement)
- "You can ..."
- "I suggest that you ..."
- "It would be nice if you ..."
- Be specific
- Use positive language
- Provides participant with self confidence
- Makes participant aware of his/her strengths and what he/she should keep doing
- Raises participant's awareness about what he/she can do differently to improve performance
- Raises the awareness of participants providing the feedback about what makes a good demo
- Keeps participants engaged while observing the demo in order to give feedback when it is completed